to use personal business services inside the library.
Make an appointment by calling 920.967.3690 to use any of these services:
- Internet computers
- Help with using computers
- Help completing the 2020 U.S. Census
- Notary public
- Pick up Wisconsin travel brochures
- Test proctoring
Please review these guidelines prior to making an appointment to use the library's reference services:
- While we are doing all we can to keep the library clean and safe, visiting a public space at this time, such as a library, carries some risk.
- If you are sick, please visit your library at a different time.
- A face mask or face covering is required. (If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask, please call us at 920967.3690. There are many other options for using library services at this time.)
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the library.
- Follow social distancing guidelines – keep a minimum of six feet away from others.
- If children accompany you on your visit, they must be with you at all times. Children 3 years old or older must wear a mask.
- Disinfecting wipes are available to clean surfaces, keyboards, etc. It is recommended that you wash your hands following the use of equipment and any library materials.
- All library materials should be returned to the outside bookdrop. They will not be checked in immediately when you return them. They are set aside for 72 hours so they may be safely handled. The library no longer charges fines for materials returned late. If you checked out at another library, your account will indicate that the materials were returned on the date that you actually returned them once they are checked in.
- Library programs and story times continue to be virtual. In-library events have been canceled.
- Bookshelves are unavailable for browsing at this time. Please use the library’s drive-up service to check out materials. And check out your online library.
- The Children’s Room is not open at this time.
- Meeting rooms and study rooms are not available.
- Newspapers and magazines are not available for reading at the library.
- The library is governed by the Elisha D. Smith Public Library Board of Trustees who set policies and rules in the best interest of staff and patrons. Trustees will expand or reduce services in response to COVID-19 outbreak data. We will do our best to provide public notice.
The library is currently offering these other services:
Virtual programs – watch them live on Facebook or later on our website
An online library of ebooks, audiobooks, videos, comics, magazines, newspapers, and classes
Reference service/reader's advisory -- call 920.967.3690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Homebound delivery for those who can’t make it to the library -- call 920.967.3690 to arrange for this service