- No Wait Audiobooks (a small collection of audiobooks to download now, without waiting).
- LIBBY app: download the LIBBY app from your app store. Use the LIBBY app to checkout, read or listen to books on your mobile device.
- BiblioBoard -- Indie books by Wisconsin authors
- SELF-e -- You are invited to submit a book that you wrote
- Pressbooks -- this site will help you create your book in a print-ready format
- Flipster: read current magazines on your device anywhere, anytime. More information.
- Book Page -- the popular magazine for readers that you may also pick up and keep from the library each month.
We're recording library programs and conversations with people in our community. Listen in.
Digital Public Library of America
A portal for discovery, featuring millions of items from collections from across the country, and containing materials from around the world.
A Helpful App
Do you use the Chrome browser? Get the Library Extension app to see if your library owns a book you're search for in Amazon.
Online library resources by subject:
- Basic Computer Classes -- anyone can sign in and take a short class on using a mouse, navigating an operating system, maximizing use of a keyboard, etc.
- Business & Investments
- Community & Government
- Consumer Information
- Employment Center
- Environment and Science
- Health & Medical
- History of your house
- Homework Help
- Music, Movies, & Entertainment
- News & Newspapers
- Online Learning Center (See also Technology Skills Online Learning Center below.)
- Online Practice Tests & Classes
- Technology Skills Online Learning Center
- Telephone Directories
- Voting & Elections
Technology resources available at the library:
- Chromebooks to use at the library
- Computers with Internet access/office software
- Use them up to two hours/day. More time is available upon request, if no one else is waiting
- Prints: black & white (10¢/sheet), color (25¢/sheet)
- Document scanning (free, use your own thumb drive or purchase one at the Reference Desk for $5)
- The cost is $2.00 to send a fax of any number of pages
- Receive a fax at 920.967.5159 (10¢/sheet)
- Headphones to use at the library
- iPads: ask for these at the Children's Desk to explore apps for children inside the library
- Kindles: ask at the Reference Desk--check one out to take home, read bestselling ebooks, watch videos
- Laptops and Chromebooks--check these out at the Reference Desk for use inside the library
- Launchpads: ask at a service desk--check them out to take home for learning and fun
- Line logger or Kill A Watt: check one out to monitor your home use of electricity
- Media Corner (edit video & audio files, convert photographs & slides to digital files, and more)
- Microfilm reader (print screens or save them to a flash drive)
- Black & white (10¢/sheet) and color (25¢/sheet)
- Enlarge, reduce an image
- Print from home or your own laptop
- Document scanning (free, use your own thumb drive--available for $5 at the Reference Desk courtesy of the Friends of the Menasha Library)
- Rokus: ask at the Reference Desk--check one out to take home
- Wireless Internet access is required (see WiFi Hotspots below)
- Choose from hundreds of films & TV series - For a complete list of titles click here.
- Listen to music
- WiFi Hotspots to take on vacation, use at home, or use in a presentation to connect to the Internet (supported by Faith Technlogies, Inc.)
- WiFi is available throughout the library to use with your own device
- Android phone chargers for use at the library
- iPhone chargers for use at the library
Need help getting started? Arrange a time for one-on-one instruction with a librarian:
stop at the Reference Desk
or call us 920.967.3690
or send us an email message