Find state and federal tax forms on the shelves left of the Reference Desk during tax time.
Currently available at your library:
- These Wisconsin forms and instructions:
- Form 1 (and instructions)
- Forms H & H-EZ (Homestead Tax Credit) & Rent Certificates (and instructions)
- Schedule WD (capital gains) (and instructions)
- Fillable forms are available at Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- The Federal forms -- As of January 14, 2019, these forms are scheduled to arrive sometime this week. The new Form 1040 for tax year 2018 is a shorter form and replaces all prior Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ. The new Form 1040 is supplemented with up to six additional schedules. More forms are available at U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
Other forms may be printed at the library for 10¢/side. Ask us to print them, use a Public Library Internet Computer to print them, or print them out at the library from your computer.
You may submit a request to the IRS to have federal forms and booklets mailed to you by filling out an online form or calling 1.800.829.3676.
Need help with your taxes?
- There is free tax prepartion available for qualifying taxpayers.
- AARP will help you complete your tax forms on Wednesday morning between 8:00am and noon here at the Menasha library, beginning January 30 and ending on April 10. They will serve anyone of any age, but particularly if you are over 50 and need help with tax preparation. Call 920.215.1040 for an appointment and questions. Bring your Social Security card, a photo ID, last year's tax return, and other pertinent information and paperwork to complete your tax returns. View other locations for help from AARP. View other locations for help from AARP.
- Help with tax preparation is also usually available with VITA staff and volunteers at the Goodwill Community Campus, 1800 Appleton Road, Menasha, WI. Call 920.968.6044 for more information.
Tax forms available at the library are for individual use. They are not intended to be a resource for those in the tax preparation business.
Library staff members are not allowed to provide tax assistance or advise you on which forms you need.