ELISHA D. SMITH PUBLIC LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Elisha D. Smith Public Library
Company E Room
March 8, 2022
Called to order at 4:02pm by Chairman Golz
Present: Chairman Golz, Vice Chairman Halverson, Trustee Franzoi, Trustee Lane, Trustee Turner, Superintendent of Schools VanderHeyden, and Trustee Witt
Absent: Trustee Stojanovic and Teen Rep Chintamani
Also Present: Alderman James Taylor, John Nebel, Helen Englebert, Librarian Kozerski, Director Kopetsky, Library Services Manager Raschke, Programming Services Manager Moore-Nokes and Business Manager Dreyer
Other Attendees from EUA: Kit Dailey, Carolyn Glime, Todd Hietpas, Brian Netzel (virtually) and Ryan Wallace (virtually).
John Nebel talked about the importance of good communication and the need for a marketing plan for our building plans.
A motion was made by Franzoi, seconded by VanderHeyden to approve the Library Board of Trustees meeting minutes from February 22, 2022. Motion carried unanimously.
Approve Travel to PLA Conference in Portland, Oregon
Librarian Pa Ja Yang would like to attend the Public Library Association (PLA) Conference in Portland, Oregon, March 23-25, 2022. Kopetsky is recommending that trustees approve $1,500 to help offset the costs. Money is allocated in the budget. Motion made by Franzoi, seconded by Halverson to approve Kopetsky’s recommendation. Motion carried unanimously.
- Kopetsky and Carol Glime are the communication point people on the Project Leadership Team.
- There will be 5-6 PLT meetings during the steps.
- There will be 1-3 meetings over the 6-month planning process.
- The 1st step will be completed today.
- Step 2 is obtaining external information from stakeholders to quantify and qualify needs.
- Step 3 is the envision phase where we puzzle play and create images to sell to the community.
- The 2019-2023 Strategic Plan was reviewed.
Witt left the meeting at 5:15pm.
- A list was created of the various organizations in our community to possibly include in the engagement process
Englebert left the meeting at 6:03pm
Raschke left the meeting at 6:08pm
- We discussed the Community Engagement Continuum (inform, consult, involve, collaborate, and empower) and where we are in the process.
- The timeline was reviewed.
Franzoi and Kozerski left the meeting at 6:42pm.
Our next board of trustees meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 29, at 4:30pm.
Motion to adjourn made at 6:46pm by Lane, seconded by Turner. Motion carried unanimously.
Kathy Dreyer, Recording Secretary