on the art wall in October
presentation with Tom Sutter: Sunday, October 21, at 2:00pm
This exhibit includes:
1) A map of the Long River by Baron de Lahonton 1688.
2) A map of the part of the continent of North America by the William Clark of the Lewis & Clark Expedition 1809.
3) The Missouri Territory, formerly Louisiana from Mathew Carey's atlas 1814.
4) A map of Oregon & upper California from the survey of John Charles Fremont 1848.
5) A New Map of the Great West by Jacob Ferris 1856.
A few more maps will be displayed at the presentation event on Sunday, October 21, at 2:00pm at which G. K. Warren will discuss his famous map of the western lands included in his Pacific Railroad Survey Reports.
All programs at the Elisha D. Smith Public Library are free and for everyone. Those with special needs are encouraged to call the library office at 920.967.3662 within 24 hours of an event to assure that specific needs with regards to parking, building and meeting room accessibility are met.
Todos los programas de la Biblioteca Elisha D. Smith son gratuitos y para todos. Aquellos con necesidades especiales pueden llamar a la oficina de la biblioteca 920.967.3662 con 24 horas de anticipación a un evento para asegurar que las necesidades específicas de parqueo, acceso al edificio o acceso a las salas de reunión puedan ser satisfechas.