As we read the headlines, we are all keenly aware of the multitude of questions and concerns our community members will have as the COVID situation evolves. In anticipation of questions regarding vaccinations, Wisconsin's state librarians have compiled these resources, with help from Deborah Clark of the Maine State Library:
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) - Understanding herd immunity and the COVID vaccine
- WHO - myths and misconceptions about vaccines
- National Library Medicine’s Medlineplus - continues to update consumer-level info on COVID vaccines as it becomes available. (NOTE: Medlineplus also has articles and tutorials on evaluating health information found on the internet.)
- Soon the CDC will post a Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) about the COVID vaccine
- Harvard Health Letter - General consumer article on vaccine mis- and disinformation
- Here is a good guide on how to spot fake news.
Please note: the library provides general information for educational purposes. Everyone’s individual situation is different. Please consult a healthcare provider for specific medical concerns. This information, as well as books and articles available from the library, are provided with the intent of delivering accurate, unbiased information.