There are many ways to show support for your library.
1. Read, read, read. Come to the library and borrow books, videos, compact discs and audiobooks! Attend a library program. It's important for the library to be a vital part of your life.
2. Buy books at Friends of the Library books sales. The funds raised by the Friends of the Library during book sales go directly to support library events and collections. The Friends also sell book bags at the circulation desk.
3. Volunteer at the library. Volunteers monitor programs, shelve books, read the shelves for order, water the plants, and much more. Fill out a volunteer/Friend application form and send or bring it to the library. Call Pattie at 967-3690 to talk about which volunteer opportunities will suit you best.
4. When you speak with your alderman or county supervisor, be sure to mention how valuable your public library is to you. When you see news that affects the library, find out who represents you at the state and federal level or contact your alderman or county supervisor and tell them how important your library is to you.
Acknowledge your gift with a donation substantiation form for your taxes.
Purchase a book on a subject you choose and place a permanent bookplate inside its front cover honoring the person you specifiy.
Write your honoree a note, if you wish, informing her or him of your gift.
6. Support your library with tax-deductible donations. The library has an Endowment Fund that supports activities beyond what taxes fund. The endowment depends on donations to continue and grow. There are several forms of donations:
Memorials and Honorariums may be donated in someone's name. This can be done with a single small donation or a fund can be created in a person's name that carries from year to year to support the library. We are happy to work with you so that funds are being used in a way that will honor a person's interests.
General donations are accepted to support the library in numerous ways. These may be given with a specific purpose in mind or as an open donation for the library to use to support its programs and services.
Gifts of stocks, bonds or mutual funds are welcome, as are legacies in a will or living trust.
Donations of materials are also very much appreciated. Some are added to the library collection; most are sold in the Friends' book sales. (See 2. above.)
Donations may be brought to the library or sent to Elisha D. Smith Public Library, 440 1st St., Menasha, WI 54952. You will receive a substantiation form in return, for your taxes.
Thank you for supporting the library in so many ways!