Request a book .
Who can use Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Patrons with a valid Menasha Public Library card whose fines do not exceed $5.
What items may be borrowed on interlibrary loan?
Items owned by other Winnefox Library System member libraries should be requested by placing a hold in the library catalog , not through Interlibrary Loan.
- Sheet music
- Photocopies of periodical articles not owned by Menasha Public Library
- Census records and newspapers on microfilm
- Cassettes and CDs*
- Videos and DVDs*
*Some AV items are difficult to obtain.
What items may not be borrowed on interlibrary loan?
- Items in publication less than 6 months; these items can be requested using the Purchase Request  form
- Items owned in the library catalog  but marked as local hold
- Reference materials (photocopies can be requested)^
- Complete issues of periodicals
- Genealogy items and family histories (photocopies can be requested)^
- Materials needed in less than two weeks
^ Copyright law may limit the amount of material that can be photocopied.
How do I request an Interlibrary Loan?
Before submitting a request, please check the library catalog .
- Fill out an online request form .
- Stop by the Menasha Public Library reference desk.
- Call (920) 967-3690 and ask staff for assistance with making a request
How long will it take?
It can take two to eight weeks to receive an ILL item. However, it may take longer depending on the demand for and/or the rarity of the item.
How many items can I request?
Patrons can have 10 active requests at a time. (Active requests include all ILL requests not yet filled and all ILL items currently checked out.)
How will I be notified?
- You will be notified by phone or e-mail when your item arrives and is ready to be picked at the circulation desk. It will be held for seven days from the date of the notice.
- You will be notified by email if the request is cancelled or cannot be filled after a thorough search.
What is the loan period?
- The loaning institution determines the checkout period. Generally, loan periods are one to four weeks from the time the library receives the item.
- Some items are not available for checkout and may only be used in the library. This restriction usually applies to microfilm and rare books. These restrictions are placed by the loaning institution and are non-negotiable.
- Photocopies are yours to keep.
Can I renew items?
- Renewal of Interlibrary Loan materials is determined by the library loaning the item.
- Renewals should be requested at least 3 days before the items due date.
What is the cost?
- There is no fee for requesting items on interlibrary loan.
- Late fines are $1.00 a day.
- Replacement costs for lost or damaged items are set by the lending library.