FAQs about Check-Out Policies
- How can I get a library card?
- Bring current identification with a photo and proof of address to the Circulation Desk. A valid, accurate driver's license is all you need. Alternatively, most forms of identification with a photo are acceptible. And other methods of proof of address include a current utility bill, pay statement, and a checkbook. Call 967-3680 for more information.
- Where can I use my Menasha Library card?
- Your card will work at any Winnefox Library System library. This includes Neenah, Oshkosh, and the other libraries in Winnebago, Marquette, Waushara and Green Lake counties.
- What does a library card cost?
- There is no charge for your card. If you lose your card and need to replace it, there is a $1 replacement fee. (For children the fee is 50¢.)
- How long can I keep the library materials that I check out?
- We have several different due dates.
Most Items: 28 days
New Fiction & Magazines: 14 days
DVDs: 7 days
Items are free for that length of time, but you will have to pay a fee if they are kept longer without renewing.
- What if I haven't finished reading my book before it's due?
- You can renew each item once, as long as there are not any outstanding requests and the item is not overdue. It can be renewed in person, over the telephone (967-3682), or online using Your Account.
- What are the fees for keeping an item out longer?
- If you keep an item out longer than the specified time, and do not renew it, you will be charged 10¢ per item per day. Children's materials cost 5¢ per day.
- What if I don't have the money to pay the fines on my overdue books?
- Please bring the item back! When you return the item, the fine will stop adding up. As long as your fine does not exceed $9.99, you will be able to use your card. This allows you to pay off the item a little at a time, if necessary.
- How many books and other items may I check out at one time?
- The maximum amount of items that can be checked out on one card is 100, or a total materials value of $1,000.
- What if my books get damaged at home?
- It is your responsibility to return all library materials in good condition. When a book is damaged, you will have to pay for its repair or replacement. Please speak with someone at the Circulation Desk.
- What if I can't find my book when it's due?
- When an item is over 30 days overdue, a bill for the replacement cost is automatically sent to you. If the overdue book is located and returned, the only charge will be for a late fee.
- Can I let a friend use my card to check out books?
- We don't recommend it. You are responsible for all items checked out on your card, and it is also your responsibility to make sure that all items are returned on time to the library. If you lend your card to a friend, you are still responsible for all of the items checked out on it.
- When will my card expire?
- Your card will expire one year after the registration date. When the card expires, we will need to verify your address. Please report any changes, such as name, address, E-mail address or telephone number as soon as possible.