The Library has a volunteer group called the Friends wherein members of our community can help the Library achieve its objectives and generate community support by:
- creating interest in library resources and activities
- fostering the idea that the Library is an active and dynamic cultural, educational and recreational force in the community with its presence at events:
- Memorial Day Parade  (May)
- Holiday Celebration (December)
- encouraging and promoting the donation of gifts and patronage of the Library's Used Book Sales, 
- providing knowledgeable and willing support for library activities such as the upcoming Multi-Cultural Festival , Sat., November 10th, from 11:00 am through 4:00 pm.
Smart shoppers throughout the area find fantastic bargains at the Friends' Used Book Sales . Donated and discarded books, DVDs, CDs, videos, and audiobooks are available from $.25 - $1.00. Money from these Sales is used to underwrite costs for reading programs, speakers, performances, equipment and other expenses not covered by the operating budget.
Membership in the Friends of the Menasha Public Library is free! Just by owning a Library card entitles you to membership. If you would like information about volunteer opportunities as a Friend, please call Kathy Hannah  at 967-3690.